Full Name: Sandrine Hamel
Birth place: Montréal
Home town: Saint-Sauveur
Stance on board: Regular
Sponsors: Caisses Desjardins
Montreal born Sandrine Hamel is definitely a rising star in the Para Snowboard world. Trying snowboarding for the first time at the age of 8, she quickly became hooked to the feeling and adrenaline the sport provided her. Born with a double major scoliosis, she also suffered a paralysed right leg during corrective surgery. When not on snow, you can find Sandrine putting in work in with the punching bag to stay fit.
A member of Quebec’s provincial snowboard team, Sandrine has already garnered some impressive results on the World Cup circuit as she looks to continue to improve and reach her first Paralympic Winter Games.
- 5th Paralympic Games PyeongChang SBX 2018
- 5th Paralympic Games PyeongChang Banked Slalom 2018
- 2nd World Cup Landgraff, AQ 17/18
- 3rd Dew Tour, USA Banked Slalom 17/18
- 7th World Championships Banked Slalom 2017
- 8th World Championships SBX 2017