Place where you were born : Montréal
Place where you live now : Saint-Sauveur
Favourite Places to ride : Big White Ski Resort
Favourite Food : Sushi and Macaroni and Cheese
Future job - Top 3 choices- Physio -Sport Psychologist –Kinesiology
Life Goals - Top 3 goals • :
-Win a medal at the next Paralympic Games
-Get admitted into the Physiotherapy program at the University of Montreal
Why do you snowboard? I like to compete and getting out of my comfort zone. Snowboard allows me to push my limits on a daily basis.
Favourite event and why? Big White 2017 World Para Snowboard Championships (World Champs). It was my first World Championships and I loved the experience of racing at home for such a big event.
Best result ever and why? Getting two Silver médals ( Snowboardcross and Banked Slalom) at the last World Championships in Finland 2019. It is the most prestigious event after the Olympics.
Favourite item to travel with? My massage gun and foam roller. Two essential items for my survival
If you didn’t do the discipline you do, which would you choose next and why? Ping Pong (Table tennis). I started playing ping pong at the same time as I started my first snowboard lessons.
Best people to ride with? I love to ride/train with my teammates or the other girls on the circuit.
Favourite trick? Land on the knuckle of a jump without crashing
Favourite resort? Bromont, montagne d’expériences (Ski Bromont)
Best resort no one knows about? Mount Sima (Yukon). It’s always fun to train in Yukon. Great vibe
Thing you like that everyone else thinks is shit: Macaroni and Cheese with Tuna and Broccoli
Montreal born Sandrine Hamel is definitely a rising star in the Para Snowboard world. Trying snowboarding for the first time at the age of 8, she quickly became hooked to the feeling and adrenaline the sport provided her. Born with a double major scoliosis, she also suffered a paralysed right leg during corrective surgery. When not on snow, you can find Sandrine putting in work in with the punching bag to stay fit.
A member of Quebec’s provincial snowboard team, Sandrine has already garnered some impressive results on the World Cup circuit as she looks to continue to improve and reach her first Paralympic Winter Games.
2022 Para World Champion in Team event, 3x Para World Championship Medallist, ___x World Cup Medallist to date, 2x Paralympian (Feb 2022)
- 2nd Welcome to Paradise - Snowboard Cross - World Cup presented by Swatch & Toyota Big White, BC 2022
- 1st Team event Para World Championships Lillehammer, NOR 2022
- 3rd Dual Banked Slalom event Para World Championships Lillehammer, NOR 2022
- 2nd - IPC World Cup - Banked Slalom - Landgraaf, Netherlands - 18/19
- 2nd - IPC World Cup - Banked Slalom (2) - Landgraaf, Netherlands - 18/19
- 2nd - World Para Championships - Banked Slalom - Pyha, Finland - 18/19
- 2nd - World Para Championships - Snowboardcross - Pyha, Finland - 18/19
- 5th SBX event Olympic Games Pyeongchang, 2018
- 5th Dual Banked Slalom event Olympic Games Pyeongchang, 2018