Influenced by board sports Baily took what she knew from skateboarding and transitioned her skills to snowboarding at the age of 6. Ever since she learned how to board, snowboarding has served as an avenue for Baily to achieve what she didn’t think was possible. Her accomplishments for the 2016/ 2017 season include a 1st in slopestyle in the Sport Chek Air Nation Nationals at Mount St. Louis Moonstone and a 1st place at the Sport Chek Air Nation event at Sun Peaks, as well as a 3rd place in the US Revolution Tour. Snowboarding has motivated Baily to inspire others and teach the younger generation to believe in themselves as they might surprise themselves of what they can accomplish.
‘The Rise of Superman’ is one of her favourite reads as this book describes the powerful feeling of “flow state” the same state Baily can relate to when she is snowboarding. When she is not on the mountain she is often with friends and family, skateboarding, surfing or dirt biking. She is always looking to learn new tricks with emphasis on style, keeping her riding fun as she looks to take on the 2017/2018 season.
- 16th World Cup Seiseralm, Italy Slopestyle 17/18
- 3rd Nor-Am Cup Calgary, AB Slopestyle 17/18
- 3rd Nor-Am Cup Mount St. Louis Moonstone, ON Halfpipe 17/18
- 2nd Nor-Am Cup Mount St. Louis Moonstone, ON Slopestyle 17/18
- 1st Sport Chek Air Nation Nationals 2017
- 1st Sport Chek Air Nation Sun Peaks 2017
- 3rd US Revolution Tour 2017
- 6th Winter Youth Olympics 2016
Meet YOG athlete Baily McDonald. The Canadian Slopestyle snowboarder discusses how she got into the sport and her dreams for the future.