Podcast: “Fear of a Flat Planet” w/ John Leslie presented by Toyota
March 30, 2021
Interview with John Leslie – 2 x Paralympian, multiple world cup medalist, and soon to be host of the FOAFP Paralympic episodes – in this episode of “Fear of a Flat Planet” with Henry Jackson presented by Toyota.
Your quick – topic – fix
- Pivoting life during the pandemic & Spearhead traverse split boarding goal
- Growing up outside of a big mountain town
- John’s trip out west and start with the Paralympic team
- Progressing and growing with Canada Snowboard
- Childhood sports and Cancer diagnosis, return to sport and transition to snowboarding
- How the snowboarding community accepts Paralympic snowboarders
- Dealing with burnout post PyeongChang 2018 and into the pandemic, and goals for Beijing 2022
- Showcasing John’s prosthetic foot quiver, and how his foot prosthetic works with his snowboarding and in the gym.
- How to approach a Paralympic snowboarder 101 – How to ask questions and chat with a Paralympian
- John’s riding when he’s not in competition and how he progresses his boarding outside of training camps
- How to stay driven and motivated, and what the competition is like within the team.
Don’t miss our next Fear of a Flat Planet interview with none other than [INSERT NEXT RIDER].
If you’re interested in supporting Canada Snowboard riders, visit our store and pick up some Canada Snowboard merch today!