Podcast:“Fear of a Flat Planet” w/ Derek Livingston
February 19, 2021
Interview with Derek Livingston – x2 Olympian (2014/2018) & Bronze at the Snow Rodeo Calgary World Cup in 2019 - in this episode of "Fear of a Flat Planet" with Henry Jackson.
Your quick - topic - fix
- Shaping out the halfpipe landscape in Canada
- The emergence of transition features and becoming more commonplace in slopestyle
- Tuning out distraction and ignoring the noise
- Resort/contest favorites and why
- Why the words “chalky”, “crispy” and “texture” play a role in Halfpipe riding
- Technique tips to help progress your halfpipe riding
- Always fine tuning
Stay tuned for more interviews with our freestyle NextGen and National Team in the “Fear of a Flat Planet” podcast series hosted by Henry Jackson and Liam Brearley.
Big thanks to our sponsor Skullcandy for bringing the rider driven conversation to our viewers by supporting these episodes.
The competitive snowboard landscape across Canada needs your support. You can donate directly to your provincial and territorial snowboard associations (PTSA’s) here or choose a specific snowboarder you would like to support. The journey is yours.