Podcast:“Fear of a Flat Planet” w/ Mikey Ciccarelli
February 11, 2021
Interview with Mikey Ciccarelli – x3 World Cup Podiums, Silver at Burton US Open 2017 - in this episode of "Fear of a Flat Planet" with Henry Jackson.
Your quick - topic - fix
- Grew up in a hockey family – Fun Fact: Mikey’s second cousin, Dino Cicceralli, is in the Hall of Fame as one of the top scoring players to ever play in the NHL with 1,200 points.
- From East Coast of Ancaster, ON Mikey grew up boarding the slopes of Georgian Peaks and now calls Whistler, BC his home
- At 14 years of age Mikey got the opportunity of a lifetime to be a part of the Burton Family
- How skateboarding and golf were key during quarantine
- Hard balance between backcountry and contest life
- Why it’s so important to Mikey to keep it fun, especially when competing
- Learn how he manages contest pressure through tunes and tricks
- To put it simply: Mikey loves to snowboard, tune in to find out why
Stay tuned for more interviews with our freestyle NextGen and National Team in the “Fear of a Flat Planet” podcast series hosted by Henry Jackson and Liam Brearley.
Big thanks to our sponsor Skullcandy for bringing the rider driven conversation to our viewers by supporting these episodes.
The competitive snowboard landscape across Canada needs your support. You can donate directly to your provincial and territorial snowboard associations (PTSA’s) here or choose a specific snowboarder you would like to support. The journey is yours.