Position Summary: We are looking for a freestyle snowboard coach that has behaviors that complement our culture in Freestyle Snowboarding at Canada Snowboard. This person should be able to work with all staff on-snow and off with effective communication. They will be involved with planning the season for individual riders and executing these plans in support of the NextGen coach. They will work under the advice and mentorship of the Slope Style National team and NextGen program leads. This will be an opportunity for growth in the coaching career as we want to help develop a coach to grow and evolve with the programs. Ideally, we would provide opportunities for this coach in professional development and growth for their career.
Successful applicant will work with the Lead Freestyle and NextGen coach to ensure all team needs are met.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- A minimum of Competition Development Coaching Certification or equivalent international certification;
- Accomplished coach, with a minimum of 1 year of full time coaching experience;
- A valid Class IV driving license or international equivalent;
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational knowledge (Time, project and team management skills);
- Ability to work with other coaches and medical and non-medical support staff effectively;
- Knowledge of the competitive snowboard structure of slopestyle, on an international and national scale is an asset;
- Exceptional communication and computer skills (both written and verbal) an asset;
- Ability to contribute to objective on-snow assessment and performance trend analysis an asset;
- Experience with current Next Gen Athletes is an asset;
- Fluency in both French and English is an asset;
- University/College education is an asset;
How to Apply:
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to email@example.com by June 14, 2019.
For more information, please contact Tyler Ashbee, Freestyle High Performance Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.