National Snowboardcross Team Head Coach
Organization: Canada Snowboard
Title: National Team Snowboardcross Head Coach
Immediate Superior: Sport & High Performance Director
Location: BC Lower Mainland (Vancouver) or Sea to Sky Corridor (Squamish/Whistler)
Position Summary: Canada Snowboard seeks an individual with a demonstrated track record of success and commitment to excellence to lead the Canadian National Team Snowboardcross Program. The Head Coach is responsible for all aspects of the National Team Program, including input and expertise in the team selection, development, training, and competition support of Canada’s top snowboardcross athletes.
Athlete & Team Preparation:
- Design, implement and monitor all aspects of the team and individual athletes annual training and competition plan;
- Oversee and deliver well planned and organized on and off-snow training opportunities for the national team athletes;
- Oversee Strength & Conditioning coaches in the delivery off-season training programs for each athlete;
- Monitor various aspects of each athlete’s daily training environment when not traveling with the team.
- Provide timely and effective communication to the Canada Snowboard High Performance staff, athletes and other program support staff;
- Insure athletes and staff are made aware of all pertinent regulations and policies affecting the team including FIS rules, policies on performance enhancing drugs, selection criteria, and the athlete code of conduct;
- Provide written reports and contributes to Canada Snowboard reports and submissions to funding agencies when required.
- Prepare, implement and monitor the annual team budget and manage allocated funds efficiently with periodic and timely reporting;
- Submit expenses and financial reports per project or on a monthly basis;
- Working closely with the Speed Disciplines Manager to ensure the administrative needs of the team are well addressed including race entries, licensing, injury status, travel, accommodation;
- Assist with the design and implementation of National Team and Athlete Assistance Program selection processes.
- Ensure the welfare and health of athletes, as well as track and monitor all aspects of their annual training program;
- Supervise support staff and consultants participating in various projects, ensuring that each individual has a clear understanding of their role as well as the plans and objectives of the team;
- Establish and maintain clear and efficient communication with key Canada Snowboard Sport Science and Sport Medicine Staff.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Track record of successful international coaching experience;
- Exceptional communication and computer skills (both written and verbal);
- Accomplished coach, with a minimum of three years of full time coaching experience with strong national and international coaching experience;
- Fluency in both French and English is an asset;
- A university background in Physical Education or Kinesiology is an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational expertise;
- Leadership skills and experience necessary to work within the organization and structure;
- Wide range of relationships with North American, Southern Hemisphere and European ski & snowboard areas;
- Knowledge of the Canadian national sport system;
- A valid Class IV driving license or international equivalent;
- Coaching certification from Canada or another country.
Please submit resumes or inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 30th, 2018. Compensation will be reflective of experience and qualifications.