What is the Women's Snowboard Federation?
Canada Snowboard is committed to providing equitable opportunities to all participants in the sport of snowboarding.
As with many other sports, female participation rates in snowboarding are significantly lower than the distribution of the general population.
To address this, Canada Snowboard, with the support of Sport Canada, the Canadian Association for the Advancement of Women in Sport, and the Coaching Association of Canada (CAC), has undertaken the development of a comprehensive program to promote the involvement of women in snowboarding.
The objective of the Women's Snowboard Federation (WSF) is to promote the equitable participation of women in the sport of snowboarding at the coach, judge, official, volunteer, and athlete levels, through the following initiatives:
- Supporting the development of female coaches through equitable opportunities.
- Development of women officials (training and certification).
- Development of women judges (training and certification).
- Training and competition opportunities for women athletes at the Learn to Ride stage of athlete development.
- Training opportunities for interested women snowboarders to be Learning Facilitators for the Canada~Snowboard Coach Program (CSCP).
- Mentorship Programs are for women who demonstrate outstanding progress and work, leadership and commitment to the growth and support of women in snowboarding, and are in need of funding to further continue their education and training in all levels of snowboarding.
Need more Information?
For more information, please contact the Sport Development Program Coordinator, Kim Krahulec, at firstname.lastname@example.org.